How it works
The Golden Twits are really easy to enter and this is how it works:
- You can enter yourself
- You enter yourself into whatever category you would like, you can enter into more than one if you wish. Simply log in with your twitter account, fill in a few details, choose your categories and answer a few simple questions on why you think you should win a Golden Twit. You have until midnight on 28th November to enter the awards.
- You can nominate others to enter
- Help us get all the best and most respected tweeters recognised and invite them to enter the Golden Twits.
- There are lots of fantastic tweeters out there and we want to you to help encourage them to enter. Whether it’s your favorite celebrity, brand, musician, friend or even fake celebrity, you can nominate them to enter into the awards. All you have to do is put in their twitter handle in the box provided on the homepage and this will tweet them asking them to enter. You have until midnight on 28th November to encourage others to enter.
- You get to vote for who you think should be shortlisted
- As well as entering yourself and encouraging others to enter, you also get to vote for who you think should be shortlisted in the awards. You will have until midnight on the 28th November to vote for your favourite entry in each category. You can only vote once for an entry but you can vote for as many different entries in the category as you wish. To vote, click on the category heading and then press vote beside entry you would like to see shortlisted. To find out more about each entrant click on their name and you can see answers to a few questions about why they think they should win an award.
- Vote for who you want to win
- At 1pm on 3rd December the shortlisted entrants in each category will be announced here on the website and via twitter and then you will have until midnight on 9th December to vote for who you want to win.
- Announcing the winners
- At 3pm on the 14th December we will announce who the winners in each category are via our twitter.
Here are all the important dates:
- Entries open
- Monday 5th November
- Enter yourself, nominate others and vote for your favourite entry in each category.
- Deadline: midnight 28th November
- Announce shortlist in each category and voting for winners opens
- 1pm 3rd December
- Voting for winners ends: midnight 9th December
- Announce winners
- 3pm - 14th December